An expression of denial
As with most of my personal art this mask is made from recycled materials.
The bulk of it is Junk mail and boxes.
After I sculpted the mask out of the paper pulp and waited forever for it to dry, I painted it with acrylic.
can you roll your ARRRRRGs?
For them it is judgement day (dundundun)
Do you smell something?
Sinister trees playing games in the woods.
nasty little vermin
This ghostly mural is shown hanging in its October home.
This is the second Halloween mural I finished in this set. This is it as it hangs in the clients house.
I was a free range artist on this job. The client wanted me to follow minimal guidelines, otherwise I was free to paint what I was inspired to paint.
This was the first Halloween mural in the set painted on canvas and hung like a tapestry.
Giggle basket details
This Client has amazing fun with Halloween. She wanted murals painted on canvas to be hung in her foyer like tapestries, to decorate for Halloween. I made some sketches and samples, including this one. The client agreed this is the direction she wanted to go.
details of this sample
This powder room entry needed some excitement in it’s life. It started out with a white door and white walls.
I started with the door. First, I glued the medallion to the center of the door. The door had the faux wood texture which I filled in with plaster in order to change the texture to a pocked metal. I sanded the texture to make it feel nice to the touch, then painted.
Once the tin paneling was attached to the stained wood tray, I added some antiquing to bring out the details.
For the walls, the client wanted to go less traditional. He wanted this area to feel open and airy but to match the wood paneling. This is what we came up with.
It all started with these three closet doors. The doors, all big and white dominated the room, so, the designer decided to use them as a focal point. First I added the medallions above the door frames. Then, I added wall icing for the the metal out line that creates the harlequin pattern.
After I painted, glazed and clear coated the doors, I added the plates behind the door pulls. I made the plates in order to hide the hole made for the original doorknob.
I painted the ceiling medallion which compliments the chandelier.
The walls needed a little something, so I tea stained the walls and ceiling.
Finally, I painted checks and flowers on the radiator cover, tieing it in with the tile furniture.