This pantry door needed a bit of an updo, so, first I added the medallion. Then, I textured the door to give it a rough metal look, even though it feels nice to the touch.
This closeup shows the antique metal texture I added in order to lose the wood graining that the door came with. The texture helps the finish look and feel convincing.
For this job the client installed a plain white refrigerator with the idea of having me paint a faux carving in a tole style.
This kitchen and breakfast area have these gorgeous cabinets with burled wood inlay. The designer had me create a french rub on the walls.
Then, the plan was to add a metallic band around the perimeter of the kitchen ceiling.
The miter cut helps to make the faux more convincing.
I also faux finished the lower walls in the hallway leading into the kitchen. The chair rail molding and baseboards I finished in an aged bronze.
For the powder room across the hall, molding was used to create harlequins, then textured wallpaper was added. For the molding, I used the same aged bronze finish and inside the remaining harlequins is the french buff.
For this powder room ceiling I used a gold/bronze base with a charcoal top coat. Then to add some sparkle a touch of the gold/bronze as a rub.
For many of my jobs I create sample boards for the client’s benefit. Samples make an idea concrete and give the client options. These are 2 examples of sample boards for an up and coming job. They like the Zebra stripe.
The designer on this job found this gorgeous burled wood fireplace. Once it was installed, she decided it needed more height. She had a contractor build the crown out of particleboard and installed the resin cast columns. Then I painted the crown to match the fireplace and the columns to match the travertine tiles on the surround.
This is a fireplace that the builder put in his spec home. The new homeowners liked the structure of this one but not the finish.
After a thorough prepping, I added a faux stone texture and sanded it so that it feels nice. Then, I embedded silver into the grooves.
To update these cabinets, I added the molding with the squares and the beadboard, then, I finished them with a fade which gives the cabinets a subtle glow in the center.
The client for this job was so much fun. She wanted a funky space baby nursery. This is what she and I came up with. This has to be my favorite little person room I have painted yet!
This job really turned David’s room into a playful place for a little boy.