This piece is can be hung vertically or horizontally.
This powder room entry needed some excitement in it’s life. It started out with a white door and white walls.
I started with the door. First, I glued the medallion to the center of the door. The door had the faux wood texture which I filled in with plaster in order to change the texture to a pocked metal. I sanded the texture to make it feel nice to the touch, then painted.
Once the tin paneling was attached to the stained wood tray, I added some antiquing to bring out the details.
For the walls, the client wanted to go less traditional. He wanted this area to feel open and airy but to match the wood paneling. This is what we came up with.
It all started with these three closet doors. The doors, all big and white dominated the room, so, the designer decided to use them as a focal point. First I added the medallions above the door frames. Then, I added wall icing for the the metal out line that creates the harlequin pattern.
After I painted, glazed and clear coated the doors, I added the plates behind the door pulls. I made the plates in order to hide the hole made for the original doorknob.
I painted the ceiling medallion which compliments the chandelier.
The walls needed a little something, so I tea stained the walls and ceiling.
Finally, I painted checks and flowers on the radiator cover, tieing it in with the tile furniture.
This pantry door needed a bit of an updo, so, first I added the medallion. Then, I textured the door to give it a rough metal look, even though it feels nice to the touch.
This closeup shows the antique metal texture I added in order to lose the wood graining that the door came with. The texture helps the finish look and feel convincing.
Then, the plan was to add a metallic band around the perimeter of the kitchen ceiling.
I also faux finished the lower walls in the hallway leading into the kitchen. The chair rail molding and baseboards I finished in an aged bronze.
For the powder room across the hall, molding was used to create harlequins, then textured wallpaper was added. For the molding, I used the same aged bronze finish and inside the remaining harlequins is the french buff.